How It Works
What is Exercise Across Abbott?
This May, Abbott employees are invited to join Exercise Across Abbott, our annual four-week team fitness challenge. Aside from helping you become more physically active, Exercise Across Abbott encourages you to get to know your colleagues while having fun, getting fit and competing for prizes.
Whether you’re a couch potato, a fitness fanatic, or fall somewhere in between, Exercise Across Abbott can get (or keep) you moving and boost your energy.
Participating in Exercise Across Abbott is easy. Here's how it works (watch the video to learn more):
- If you participated in 2018, you can reactivate your profile. Watch this video or read the steps in this PDF to learn how to reactivate your 2018 account.
- If you DID NOT participate in 2018, you need to create a new profile to participate in the 2018 challenge. Watch this video to learn how to create a new profile.
- Create a team of five to 20 colleagues and select a Team Captain to lead the way.
- Team Captains register a team online starting April 9 and have each Team Member join the team online before April 22.
- Team Members track and report in this website the time spent doing physical activity from April 30 to May 27.
- Team Captains encourage their team to get active, while competing for World Champion and Country Champion honors and prizes.
- Teams that increase their team’s TOTAL weekly exercise minutes each week of the challenge also get free t-shirts.
What's New This Year?
- Create or Join an Event. You can create and join local events to participate in with your team (and other participants and teams) right from the website. Events are very easy to create in the website, and anyone can create them. It’s a great way to keep you and your team moving and motivated! Watch this video or read the steps in this PDF to learn how to create an event.
- Create a Personal Goal. Each week, you can add a personal goal to your profile to help you stay motivated during the challenge.
- Track Your Competition. Your Team Captain can select up to 5 teams that your team can track and compete against.
- Stay Motivated. This is where your Team Captain will post the latest accomplishments of you and your Team Members!
- Don’t Forget! You Can Link Fitbit Activity Tracker to Report Your Minutes. If you have a Fitbit, you can have your minutes automatically logged by linking your Exercise Across Abbott profile to your Fitbit activity tracker. (Only Fitbit activity trackers are compatible with Exercise Across Abbott.) Click here to learn how to link your Fitbit activity tracker to your Exercise Across Abbott profile or watch the video to learn more.