Every year, we make changes to improve Exercise Across Abbott. Here are some important notes about this year's changes.
- Spark friendly fun with Wellness Challenges. Wellness Challenges allow any team to challenge another directly. Pick a competition from a list of options, invite other teams to compete against, and let the matchup begin! Wellness Challenges last for 7 days and can start any day of the week. Teams can participate in one challenge at a time to boost activity and have some fun!
- Join the Abbott Virtual 5K. Participate in Global Running Day on June 2 through the Abbott Virtual 5K! You can run or walk at any pace you choose, on any route you choose, on a trail, road, or treadmill, at any time you choose within the event window on June 2.
- Win an Abbott T-shirt. The competition to earn t-shirts is back. The top team in each country will be Country Champ and all team members will win t-shirts.
Additionally, Abbott is offering meditation and a well-being webinar to boost your long-term wellness skills.
Meditation is a powerful tool for clearing your mind and improving focus, especially during times of stress and change. This session provides simple, effective meditation and breathing techniques that are sure to help you relax and supercharge the rest of your day. Session offered at 9 a.m., Noon, and 9 p.m. on May 3, 17 and June 7 and 21 Central Time.
Burnout: What It Is and How to Overcome It
Everyone has days where they feel like they're running on empty. But when that feeling becomes chronic, you're at risk of burnout. Taking time to refill your tank doesn't just feel good; it's critical for your mental, emotional, and physical health. Discover energizing strategies for banishing burnout so that you can thrive at work and at home.
Sessions are offered on May 13 at 7 p.m. Central Time and May 18 at 9 a.m. and Noon Central Time. The sessions are offered in English and will be recorded.
Enhancing Couples Relationships
It takes commitment and trust to build a healthy relationship. Learn about common relationship challenges and methods to improve communication, resolve conflict and enhance intimacy and romance using a research-based approach to relationships. Session offered on July 29 at 9 a.m., 12 p.m. and 9 p.m. Central Time. The sessions are offered in English and will be recorded.
For a more in-depth overview of what’s changing, view the What’s New video!
WHAT’S THE SAME:
- Take more time to move. The challenge is six weeks. That gives you more time to get to know your colleagues and reach your fitness goals, like taking part in Global Running Day.
- It only takes two! All you need is one other person to create a team. Teams of two are permitted, so you can find a team that shares your goals and needs.
- Enter minutes every day. You can enter minutes seven days a week.
- Integrate an activity tracker. You can sync your exercise minutes across multiple devices, including your Apple Watch. You can also participate without a device by simply entering your minutes online.
- Participate in events and activities, including activities on Global Running Day (June 2).
- Train for a 5K. We’ll help you create a running plan so you can be ready for a 5K in 6 weeks or fewer.
- Be part of the community. If you don’t join a team, you can cheer others on, vote on photo contest photos, and keep tabs on the results through the Leaderboard!
Questions? Please contact us.